I'm tired tonight. I had a date with 110 relatives on Saturday, and with twice as many Christmas cookies on Sunday. 'Tis the season. I love it.
The baking-marathon tradition is wonderful. And when but at a family party are you going to get strangers coming up to you, grasping you about the shoulders, and gasping, "You are so beautiful!"
That just doesn't happen to me at work.
- What happens when you drink a Coke. This is why I drink water.
- Unbearably cute celebrity babies and their lovely moms
- Musical notes. (Ha, ha, see what I did there? So clever. [Told you I was tired.])
- Leona Lewis just won "X Factor" (an "Idol"-type show in the UK) and she's unbelievable. Her single is going to be the same as Kelly Clarkson's, "A Moment Like This," which is unimaginative of Simon - but it's good. And, like Billy Mack, she's tipped to be the Christmas No. 1.
- Justin Timberlake did one of the rare great SNL musical performances.
- Ian Ziering will be on the next season of "Dancing With the Stars". I work with the only two people on the planet who watch that show. But Steve Sanders was always my favorite. And I used to know his uncle. (In passing - Tucker Carlson was on this show? This is what I miss by not watching TV.)
(Oh, and good night, Sac darling.)