TEN Random Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I'm very left-dominant ... left-handed, left-footed, left-brained. Left-leaning. Left out.
- My grandparents' house had a coal cellar, and one of my early memories is playing in it. I don't remember the trouble I must have gotten in afterward - my mother used to dress us up ridiculously, all too frequently in sailor suits.
- Despite or because of all those sailor suits, I love wearing white and blue.
- I have always been ticklish, but in the last six years, it has been completely used up. (It isn't coincidental that I've been with the Boy for six years.)
- I am phenomenally indecisive.
- I can go to the airport and watch planes take off and land and be ridiculously content for unending lengths of time. Same for people-watching in malls and parks. There are so many good stories.
- I've kept journals for longer than I can remember.
- I am superstitious, but only in my own idiosyncratic ways.
- I have read just about every book that I own more than once. Some, probably hundreds of times.
- I'm pretty much always convinced I'm being dorky, affected, lazy or otherwise inadequate.
NINE Places I've Visited:
Ypres New Orleans Paris Edinburgh San Francisco Venice Montreal
- San Pedro
EIGHT Ways to Win My Heart:
- Flowers. There is nothing in this world like gorgeous flowers to make you feel important and dreamy and ladylike. Pretty, interesting, good-smelling flowers, not bunches of ferns and baby's breath, though. I still miss my little potted gardenia.
- Honesty. Thorough honesty.
- Snuggling. Deliberate, premeditated snuggling, especially on rainy or snowy days.
- Like kids. But not in a Neverland Ranch way or in a Wedding Crashers way.
- Don't take my shit.
- Gracefully walk the line between gentleman and chauvinist. Straddle the one between mature and immature. Ignore the one between trendy and predictable.
- Possess a nice bottom, a sense of humor, and a way with words.
- Surprise me.
SEVEN Things I Want to Do Before I Die:
- Be at peace with myself.
- Live in
- Write a book.
- Run a 5K. (A small goal, perhaps, but I am a dreamer, not a lunatic.)
- Develop the skill of cooking regularly, calmly and adequately.
- Discover my life’s work.
- Make things better.
SIX Things I'm Afraid Of:
- Looking into mirrors or windows in the dark.
- Coming up basement stairs.
- Getting on down escalators.
- Missing out.
- Letting people down.
- Becoming bitter.
FIVE Things I Don't Like:
- Grape scent or flavor.
- Leaving the TV on in rooms you aren't in.
FOUR Ways to Turn Me Off:
- Remind me of things I don't like about myself.
- Remove challenges.
- Catch me in the wrong mood.
- Wake me up.
THREE Things I Do Every Day:
- Wish I were in bed.
- Think about
- Talk to the Boy.
TWO Things that Make Me Happy:
ONE Thing On My Mind Right Now:
- How much time I've spent on this instead of on Real Life, but how at the same time I'm glad I did it because it was interesting, and slightly self-revelatory, and how I really need to get back to work now, and what I'll do for dinner tonight, but oh yes, I have half of a leftover sandwich, and how my week is really going better than I thought it would yesterday or the day before. How I can get to
. Whether my new slippers will ever stop getting red fleecy lint all over my socks. And how I don’t think I will ever, ever in my life have only one thing on my mind. England