15 November 2005

If I Were Shopping for a Husband

I'm not. Let's just make that clear. I have the perfect one on layaway. And I can't wait to see him again after way too much time.

– But. If I were?

I would not go to singles bars. I would not loiter around the gym. I would not borrow a dog to take to the park. I would not hang out in the produce aisle of the grocery store.

I would go to AHA. The annual Scientific Sessions convention of the American Heart Association.
Twenty-six thousand people. Mostly cardiologists, who are almost all male.

Literally thousands of attractive, really smart, probably really well-off men, wandering around in suits all day.

I’m just saying. If you are shopping, you might be missing an opportunity. It's like an outlet sale.

2 comments:

Trevor said...

If you happen to run into the equivalent for those of us shopping for wives, please let me know...
Trevor

Sarah said...

It's called the PR industry, honey.