28 January 2004

Quotations.

One of my favorite quotes is:

You got to sing like you don't need the money
Love like you'll never get hurt
You've got to dance like nobody's watching
It's got to come from the heart if you want it to work

But I've heard "you've got to sing as if no one is listening"... "you've got to dance as if no one is looking"... "you've got to live like it's heaven on earth," and I've seen it attributed to everyone from Abraham Lincoln to Susanna Clark and Richard Leigh to Guy Clark to Iain MacKintosh to Kathy Mattea.

Well, just to set the record straight, people. The first lyrics above are the right ones, and it was written by Susanna Clark and Richard Leigh, but it's been rercorded by both Guy Clark (Susanna's husband) and Kathy Mattea. Now stop misquoting such a nice sentiment all over the Internet. I mean, Abraham Lincoln? Please.

I don't normally do this, but this was today's favorite IM. From my godmother. A nurse. I love it:

"DRUGS ARE GOOD"

No comments: